It's been awhile since our last post, but we've been quite busy and have made some exciting process in the past month. We have been taking our concept to various agencies and potential stakeholders and have received great enthusiasm and advice on how to move forward.
So far we have had engaged meetings with:
- General Services Administration (GSA)
- DC Office of Planning (OP)
- Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development's (DMPED) office
- Ward 6 Commissioner's Office
- DC Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE)
- Hospitality High School
We're also excited to report that we have completed the first step in establishing our 501(c)3 non-profit status by receiving our DC Certificate of Incorporation for a domestic nonprofit!
Thank you to those with whom we have met so far for your encouragement and advice! We are energized by the meetings we have had and are in the process of setting up more, as well as continuing to refine the concept and advocate for support.